The organising committee invites submissions from people interested in presenting papers at the 5th International Secondary Lead Conference.
Focus on Secondary Lead; its processes and markets
We are encouraging submissions from presenters over the full spectrum of topics relevant to the secondary lead industry. Papers can be research and/or practice based, with a focus on providing attendees with up to the minute information and knowledge whilst promoting a better understanding and encouraging mutual cooperation. The secondary lead industry is one of the least understood industries in the metals world, although contributes over sixty percent of the lead supplied every year.
The dynamics of this industry are quite different to those of the Primary lead industry, as the varying types of lead recovery methods employed throughout the world for recycling, ranging from clay-lined drums to the latest pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical methods available. With such a broad range of subjects to discuss, the conference aim is to give all delegates covering many aspects of the industry, including:
- Markets: Updates of the Lead Market including insights into market situations, drivers and future directions
- Hedging: Understanding the complex world of hedging and how it works
- Plant Design: Update of the latest plant designs and operations including latest work on de-sulphurisation techniques
- Refractories and Burners: Presentations outlining details on correct operating parameters of critical areas of furnace operations
- Metallurgy of Lead Smelting and Refining: Outline of the technology behind a smelter
- Understanding Slag’s: The various slag systems that are utilized in secondary smelting will be discussed to give delegates a better understanding of a complex subject
- Environmental: Covering a wide range of topics from legislation to pollution controlThe leading Analysts, Technicians and Metallurgists in the industry will address the conference, giving each delegate a better understanding of a complex and dynamic industry.
Deadline for receipt of abstracts: 1 April 2017
Notification of paper acceptance: 29 May 2017
Papers will be scheduled to suit the final program and will be delivered as 25 minute presentations with a further 5 minutes of question time from the floor.
- The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference
- The conference language is English
- Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register for the conference. A reduced Presenter registration fee has been offered
- Presenters are expected to reserve the Conference dates of 19 & 20 September 2017 in their diaries until they receive notification of submission outcomes.
- Please ensure the title of your presentation is in capitals
- An abstract must be no more than 500 words
- Abstracts must be accompanied by the presenter’s biography of no more than 150 words
- Please include all authors of the submission and their affiliations.
All presentations must be in 16:9 aspect ratio (not 4:3 ratio).
Submit your Abstract
Please use the abstract submission form to upload your abstract. You will be notified via email once your submission has been received. Your submission will be checked by the Technical Committee for grammar and length.
Submit your Abstract
Click through to the abstract submission form below to upload your abstract. Your submission will be checked for grammar and length; you will be notified via email whether or not acceptance has been approved.
5ISLC Events Team
t: + 61 3 9870 2611
f: + 61 3 9870 1723